We will only collect, store, use and disclose any information provided by you for purposes which are necessary for one or more of our functions or activities, or which are deemed necessary under Australian Laws.
1. Collecting your information
We will only collect personal information about you from you and not from anyone else, and will do so only by lawful, fair and unobtrusive means. We generally only collect information from you in order to provide you with the goods you ordered or services you requested, including but not limited to (for services) receiving information on courses, education institutions, education agents, migration agents, careers, reviews and suggestions from other users, entering into contests, starting enrolment processes (and related processes) with education providers and/or agents which Spiible is partnered with, and similar activities (Spiible Services).
To provide you with the Spiible Services, it may be necessary for us to collect the following details and documents from you, including but not limited to:
- Full name;
- Date of birth;
- Delivery/postal address;
- Daytime contact number;
- Email address;
- Copies of education certificates;
- Copies of identity documents;
- IP address; and/or
- Payment/credit card details.
To access certain Spiible Services, you will also need to create an account within the Spiible Website (Spiible Website Account), which includes selection of a username and password. Your personal details (including your username and password) listed above will be saved under your Spiible Website Account.
We may also collect “non-personal information”, which is information that does not directly identify you. We may use tools or third party analytical software to automatically collect non-personal information.
In the event that we receive personal information which is not required to provide you with the Spiible Services, we will destroy or de-identify it.
2. Using your information
Your personal information provided to Spiible will be used for purposes such as:
- Providing you with the Spiible Services;
- Ensuring a better experience on the Spiible Website with personalised touches;
- Communicating with the Spiible for reasons to do with your Spiible Website Account;
- Generating internal customer/user reports to be used by the Spiible to improve the Spiible Services; and
- Sending newsletters or other promotional material to those of you who have indicated that you are interested in receiving marketing and promotional information (unless you have subsequently opted-out of receiving that information, in which case your personal information will not be used for the purposes of sending promotional material).
Spiible will not request any sensitive information or information regarding your health in order for you interact with the Spiible Website or Spiible Services.
Non-personal information may be used to provide us with data relating to the use of the Spiible Website and Spiible Services.
3. Disclosing your information
Spiible will only provide your personal information to any educational institutions or agents that are partnered with Spiible for the purpose of providing you with the Spiible Services, where specifically requested by you.
Spiible will not pass your information on to third parties for external marketing purposes and does not work in conjunction with any related companies who may want your personal information for reasons beyond the scope of completing your interactions with the Spiible Website or the Spiible Services.
Spiible will only pass your information on to a third party if in conjunction with providing you with the Spiible Services, or when compelled to do so by law.
The Spiible Website allows users with a Spiible Website Account to contribute content. If a user discloses personal information on the Spiible Website through contributing content, Spiible will not be responsible for ensuring that information is kept private.
We follow generally accepted industry standards and maintain reasonable safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information in our possession. Personal information collected by us is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public.
6. International Transactions
The information that you have provided to us through the Spiible Website is only disclosed to trusted third parties for the purposes outlined above. These companies are sometimes based overseas and some information which you provide may be processed in countries other than Australia where those companies have their presence or servers. To the best of our knowledge, information and belief, these entities do not hold, use or disclose the information collected by them inconsistently with Australian privacy laws.
7. Updating your information
If at any time your Spiible Website Account details are no longer correct and need to be updated, you can do the following:
- if your personal information changes, this can be corrected by contacting us with the subject line of the correspondence as “Change to personal information – [insert username]”;
- if you wish to cancel your Spiible Website Account, this can be done by contacting us with the subject line of the correspondence as “Opt out of Spiible – [insert username]
Please allow approximately two working days for your Spiible Website Account to be updated.
Mail to: Spiible Pty Ltd
Level 5, 342 Flinders Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Phone: +61 3 9080 6672